FORUM RULES - READ BEFORE POSTING
We don't have a great many rules on this forum. The ones we do have are mostly common sense but there are a couple which you do need to pay close attention to. You can read the latest version of the rules here: viewtopic.php?t=5958

Yamaha UK Contact Details

Kick back and talk about anything here. Music or non Music related..Anything goes....within reason!

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

Saul Ukraine
Site Admin
Site Admin
Where Are You Located?: Nr Brighton, UK

Yamaha UK Contact Details

Unread post by Saul »

Technical Support is available by telephone on 0844 811 1116 from the UK or 01526 2449 from the Republic of Ireland - Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (4.30pm on Friday).

Yamaha Music Europe GmbH (UK)
Sherbourne Drive
Tilbrook
Milton Keynes
MK7 8BL
Tel: 0844 811 1116 (UK) / 01526 2449 (Republic of Ireland)
Fax: 01908 368872

AS pointed out by Jima, all spare parts are now handled by a company called Sontec who are based in Norwich.
Tel: 01603 483675 ask for Josh and say he was highly recommended by yamahamusicians.com
http://www.sontec.co.uk/parts
Saul
Site Admin

If I have been able to help you in some way you can Buy Me A Coffee Here.

Brand Ambassador For Dowina Guitars
Acoustic Guitar Reviews On Facebook
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

LAG T88A, Breedlove Signature Concert Copper E, Breedlove Pursuit Exotic Concert CE Koa, Walden D640T, Tanglewood TRSJ-VS, Vintage VE2000GG.
parametric Great Britain
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Where Are You Located?: Near Watford, UK

VIP

Re: Yamaha UK Contact Details

Unread post by parametric »

In the light of recent observations on the compartmentalization (God I HATE that word) and regionalization of

Yamaha's numerous "operations" worldwide, is there really NO SITE one can visit, type in a Yamaha

Part Number, and learn straight away if that part is AVAILABLE - and even (God forbid!) ORDER IT?

The usual corporate response to "Ask your Dealer" doesn't really cut it (IMO), as they really don't have the time,

resources and most likely inclination to furnish these details . . . (No disrespect intended)

Would Yamaha care to comment perhaps? :/:

parametric
Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

Some of My own Tracks: viewtopic.php?p=88899#p88899

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - https://yamahamusicians.com/720k-floppy-disks-for-sale/

Curse! This means the end of the horned gramophone and the little doggie that looks in to it.

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
Saul Ukraine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

I don't think Yamaha have any such site Chris. I think they prefer everything to go through their dealer network. The reasoning for that is purely down to marketing. By making customers go through dealers it increases dealer/customer contact and heightens the possibility that the customer may also purchase something else along with the part they were looking for. If Yamaha just had a single parts/spares site people would go straight there and bypass the dealers.

That's my take on it anyway.
Saul
Site Admin

Follow Us On Facebook

LAG T88A, Breedlove Signature Concert Copper E, Breedlove Pursuit Exotic Concert CE Koa, Walden D640T, Tanglewood TRSJ-VS, Vintage VE2000GG.
jima Cayman Islands
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Where Are You Located?: Sunny West Midlands, UK

Unread post by jima »

I may be able to be of some help here. Yamaha Kemble spares department no longer exists in the UK. The functionality has been transferred to their partner, Sontec Electronics in Norwich. I don't have a complete list but when I asked they told me that they handled the spares for Yamaha for anything electronic i.e. keyboards, mixers, amps, etc. While they don't seem to have an online spares web site (parts enquiry by web form) they do seem to be a friendly and helpful lot. I had reason to need a replacement display for an EX5 and expecting not a lot I rang them and they helped me with the original part number, the superseded part number and apologised that as it was a legacy part it would have to come from Yamaha Europe, but it was available and would be with me in 7-10 days. They were suffering greatly from snow disruption at the time but still managed a cheerful attitude which I warmed to.

By way of information only, not advertising, their contact number is 01603 483675 and the web site is http://www.sontec.co.uk/parts

As I recall, it was always a case of phoning Yamaha so no loss there, if you have a need and call them ask for Josh, he deserves the kudos for being polite and helpful even after a 2.5 hour drive to work from Lowestoft. I'll report back when the display arrives.
Jim
Yamaha EX5, AN1X, TG500, MU100R, A3000, Moog Werkstatt, Korg Wavestation SR, Sigma, Legacy Digital, nanoKontrol v2, Nord Modular G2, G2 Engine, Focusrite PRO 40, MIDISPORT 8x8/s & Uno, Behringer DEQ2496, Arturia Keylab 49 MkII, BeatStep, V Collection, Pigments | Love keyboards but so little time :(
Saul Ukraine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

Nice one Jim and thanks for the link and details. I think this one needs to be a sticky.
Saul
Site Admin

Follow Us On Facebook

jima Cayman Islands
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Where Are You Located?: Sunny West Midlands, UK

Unread post by jima »

Just to report back, the display arrived in a quite timely fashion and in my usual way I have been sat on it alternately planning and putting off the fateful day, poring over the service manual and disassembly diagrams. I am most please to report that it was the correct display part for the EX5 and I have now fitted it - less complicated than I had feared - and the backup EX5 is now sporting a fully functional and quite pretty display. Many photos have been taken and I will hope to publish notes on the job for those interested. Full marks to Sontec.
Jim
Yamaha EX5, AN1X, TG500, MU100R, A3000, Moog Werkstatt, Korg Wavestation SR, Sigma, Legacy Digital, nanoKontrol v2, Nord Modular G2, G2 Engine, Focusrite PRO 40, MIDISPORT 8x8/s & Uno, Behringer DEQ2496, Arturia Keylab 49 MkII, BeatStep, V Collection, Pigments | Love keyboards but so little time :(
parametric Great Britain
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Where Are You Located?: Near Watford, UK

VIP

Unread post by parametric »

That link and Phone Number is MAGIC - Jim,

Thanks for posting - I had no idea . . . .

Why don't Yamaha POST this stuff? WHY is it so secret?

parametric
Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

Some of My own Tracks: viewtopic.php?p=88899#p88899

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - https://yamahamusicians.com/720k-floppy-disks-for-sale/

Curse! This means the end of the horned gramophone and the little doggie that looks in to it.

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris