Yamaha Manual Downloads

Covering the SY22 to SY55 and TG Modules.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul, Fozzer

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Yamaha Manual Downloads

Unread post by Saul » Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:28 am

Thought we'd add this to all the sections as many people are always asking for manuals. Nearly all Yamaha manuals are avaiable as a free download. They are in Adobe .pdf format so you will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, this is avaiable from http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

The Yamaha Manuals Are Avaialbe Here

Saul
Site Admin
FREE Home Recording Training Video Course
Follow me on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Seagull S6 Original/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
Website Design & Managed Hostingwww.rabbittree.uk

SpotlightKid

Unread post by SpotlightKid » Thu May 07, 2009 10:54 am

Unfortunately the English user manual for the Yamaha SY85 available for download in the Yamaha manual archive (and many other places on the internet) is missing quite a few illustrations.

The following site provides manuals for many keyboards and synthesizers and also has the the complete SY85 manual (getting started, feature reference, job table and MIDI data sheet) available as one big file (around 12,5 MB).

Yamaha manuals at Synthman

Also, the German version of the SY85 user manual is available at diplodocs.com as several PDF downloads or for online viewing. This version also contains all the illustrations.

German Yamaha SY85 manuals at diplodocs.com

A further handy resource for SY85 and SY77/99 users is the following page on the Yamaha Germany site, which seems abandoned, but the links to the downloadable files are all still working:

Yamaha Germany SY85 SY77/99 resources

Among the things you can find there are many Yamaha PD-Soundcollections as floppy disk files and, the most interesting resource, the German Quick Guides ("Tips, Tricks, Informationen") for the SY85 and SY99 from Peter Krischker, which contain much valuable information, not to be found in the official manuals! This is the only place on the internet where I was able to find these documents, so get the files while they are still there!

Chris
Last edited by SpotlightKid on Fri May 22, 2009 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clyde
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Unread post by Clyde » Thu May 07, 2009 2:28 pm

Thanks for posting these updates/additions, I'm sure they will be very helpful.
Clyde

DX7IIFD, SY77, SY99, Hammond C3, Steinway L, CP300, AW1600, etc.

beccogiallo

Unread post by beccogiallo » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:42 am

SpotlightKid wrote:A further handy resource for SY85 and SY77/99 users is the following page on the Yamaha Germany site, which seems abandoned, but the links to the downloadable files are all still working:

Yamaha Germany SY85 SY77/99 resources
Finally no more. That page is accessible via Wayback Machine but files appear to be gone.

Luca

SpotlightKid

Unread post by SpotlightKid » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:54 am

I think I have all the files on a computer at home. But I'm out of town now, so I can upload/provide them somewhere onyl in about two weeks.

Chris

echos

Unread post by echos » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:12 pm

Hey Chris do you still have these files? Bitte!

I have been trying to translate the tips/tricks handbook if you can help me with that too, I have very little german so its hard for me... I will post what I have so far into a different thread.

SpotlightKid

Unread post by SpotlightKid » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:47 pm

I have uploaded the documentation files I have to my web server now:

http://chrisarndt.de/files/yamaha/

Please note that not all files in this directory are from Yamaha. I included some documents from other sources which I found useful. If there is anything I should remove, please let me know.

Furthermore, unfortunately I didn't download everything there was on the Yamaha Europe site. For example, I don't have the "Tips Tricks Information" booklet for the SY99. If you want, you can sent it to me, and I will upload it to my web server as well.

I'm currently hacking together a new site for collecting information on the Yamaha SY models in a more structured manner than here on the forum. If and when this gets halfway finished, I will move the documents to this site and announce it here.

Regarding helping with the translation: of course I can help, but due to the size of the documents, I don't have the time to do a full translation. If you need help with any specific section, just drop me a note!

Chris

Akai Miniak | Korg Wavestation EX | Kurzweil K2500RS+KDFX - PC3 | Roland JV-1010 | Yamaha An1x - SY77 | Waldorf microWAVE II

Clyde
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Unread post by Clyde » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:24 am

SpotlightKid wrote:I have uploaded the documentation files I have to my web server now:

http://chrisarndt.de/files/yamaha/

Please note that not all files in this directory are from Yamaha. I included some documents from other sources which I found useful. If there is anything I should remove, please let me know.

Furthermore, unfortunately I didn't download everything there was on the Yamaha Europe site. For example, I don't have the "Tips Tricks Information" booklet for the SY99. If you want, you can sent it to me, and I will upload it to my web server as well.

I'm currently hacking together a new site for collecting information on the Yamaha SY models in a more structured manner than here on the forum. If and when this gets halfway finished, I will move the documents to this site and announce it here.

Regarding helping with the translation: of course I can help, but due to the size of the documents, I don't have the time to do a full translation. If you need help with any specific section, just drop me a note!

Chris
I really hope the "Tips Tricks Information" booklet ends up on your site, I would like to have that one. Thank you for posting these files, I'm sure they will be a big help.
Clyde

echos

Unread post by echos » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:48 pm

The tips booklets are not much good unless you can speak german but I am going to translate it as best as I can with some help from Chris and then put it into PDF format. They had a lot of these handbooks for various gear on that site its a shame they are all lost now.

Luckily I downloaded all of the SY77/99 files on that site several years ago, so between us we have not lost a thing. I also have hundreds of random disks. After sorting through my disks I found I have about half of the entire 41 disk PD SY99 collection. So I am looking for those missing PD disks and also for soundsource disks if anyone has them.

Here are the SY99 PD disks I'm missing,
PDD-SY99-03 = Best TX16W Samples - Vol.2 (accordeon+vibe)
PDD-SY99-04 = Best TX16W Samples - Vol.3 (organ)
PDD-SY99-05 = Best TX16W Samples - Vol.4 (moog)
PDD-SY99-06 = Best TX16W Samples - Vol.5 (spacy keys 1)
PDD-SY99-07 = Best TX16W Samples - Vol.6 (spacy keys 2)
PDD-SY99-09 = TX16W Industrial Groove 2 (soundeffects)
PDD-SY99-10 = TX16W Noise Percussion (soundeffects)
PDD-SY99-11/12 = TX16W Super Sax (1MB, 2 Disks)
PDD-SY99-13/14 = TX16W Natural Strings (1MB, 2 Disks)
PDD-SY99-15/16 = TX16W Pizz Strings, A Capella Choir (1MB, 2 Disks)
PDD-SY99-28 = Shakuhachi & Panflute
PDD-SY99-32 = Digital Soundeffects
PDD-SY99-33 = Analog Soundeffects
PDD-SY99-39 = Mixed Soundeffects (7 samples / 8 voices)
PDD-SY99-40 = Choir, Mandolin, Soundtrack (5 samples / 8 voices)

and I am missing all SY77 PD disks except for 1 & 2.

Clyde
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Unread post by Clyde » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:54 pm

I have a lot of disks I've downloaded and have yet to load and see what is on them, I also need to go through all of my real disks fpr both the 77 and 99 as I have quite a few I've gotten from various sources and need to see what they are. I do have a few of the SY99 Sound Sources disks, don't think it will be easy to find the rest of them anywhere.
Clyde

SpotlightKid

Unread post by SpotlightKid » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:19 pm

echos wrote:Luckily I downloaded all of the SY77/99 files on that site several years ago, so between us we have not lost a thing.
So can you send me the "Tips Tricks Informationen" for the SY99 so I can include it on my site? I'll drop you a PM with my email address.

Chris

Akai Miniak | Korg Wavestation EX | Kurzweil K2500RS+KDFX - PC3 | Roland JV-1010 | Yamaha An1x - SY77 | Waldorf microWAVE II

SpotlightKid

Unread post by SpotlightKid » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:22 pm

The SY99 quick guide is now also available on my web server at http://chrisarndt.de/files/yamaha/sy99/.

Chris

Ego_Shredder
Great Britain

Re: Yamaha Manual Downloads

Unread post by Ego_Shredder » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:43 pm

Does anyone have the service manuals for the following models:
  • MU100R
  • SY55
  • TG55
  • RY30
  • FX500
  • QY100
  • RGX321FP
After a few years of searching the web with Google, I have failed to find any downloads and the models I have, I want to keep for as long as possible. So hopefully I can download the service manuals before they become extinct altogether! :mrgreen: 8O

Thanks for any help.

Return to “Yamaha SY22, SY35 & SY55”