Alesis Fusion links, info & general advice

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul, Fozzer

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Alesis Fusion Sounds to Upload?

Unread post by Saul » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:16 pm

If anyone has any Alesis Fusion files or sounds they want to put in the downloads section, please let me know. Either myself or Chris (parametric) can upload them for you or I can add you as a registered user so you can upload them yourself. We have the Alesis Fusion section in the downloads but nothing in it as yet.

Saul
Site Admin
FREE Home Recording Training Video Course
Follow me on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Seagull S6 Original/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
Website Design & Managed Hostingwww.rabbittree.uk

parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Re: Alesis Fusion Sounds to Upload?

Unread post by parametric » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:12 pm

Just in passing, Saul - in case you were not aware . . . .

Over the past year or so there have been a few scares over spare parts for the Fusion - chiefly concerning the display components and the internal PSU itself.

Some users have reported hot running and eventual burnout of the PSU which seem to be more prevailent with 6HD - less space in the case - has been suggested as "not helping". . . .

To date, I've had no probs with my 8HD (touch-wood!)

Thanks to much research by <Jesse> in the FusionZone (<JMS> in here) it has been revealed that the the Fusion shares these parts with the Akai MPC5000 - which, unlike the Fusion, is still current kit . . .

Alesis have stated that these parts for the Fusion are NOT available any more, but they CAN be bought under the Akai Banner . . . .

http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/vie ... 870#p24415

In addition, should the display fail, there is a very neat DIY solution costing around £5, utilising Leds from Maplins - and not much else . . . .

This .pdf describes this procedure from <splinters> (Fusion Club), which is worth printing and putting with your other Fusion Documents - just in case :wink:
http://fusioneer.proboards.com/index.cg ... post=17003

Best Regards

parametic

Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio 24/96 Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module
BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9217

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris

tux
Kiribati

Re: Alesis Fusion Sounds to Upload?

Unread post by tux » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:18 am

Not directly relevant to the Alesis Fusion specifically, but I was playing around with creating some samples from sounds from my Roland JV-1080 (that thing is so underrated these days, it amazes me again every time I play with it!), I could make these sounds available as .wav and as .sds (so they would work with pretty much every synth with sample RAM). if you are interested in putting them in the download section.

My Yamaha RM50 page
My Yamaha synths: RM50, TG77, TG500, EX5R, CS6R (with PLG150-AN and PLG150-DX)

Return to “Alesis Fusion 6HD & 8HD”