Electromagnetism by KPR, Back in Time Records

Alesis Fusion links, info & general advice

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul, Fozzer

JMS

Electromagnetism by KPR, Back in Time Records

Unread post by JMS » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:08 pm

Alesis Fusion affectionately known as "The Beast"

New Alesis Fusion sounds from KPR, back in time Records :)

Electromagnetism
https://youtu.be/7ZDRPRbsEzk

Awesome!, Thanks Klaus :)

Jesse

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Re: Electromagnetism by KPR, Back in Time Records

Unread post by Saul » Thu May 04, 2017 10:03 pm

I never cease to be amazed that sounds for the Fusion are still being produced. But then again it was an incredibly powerful synth and in fact still is. Wish I had not sold mine :(

Saul
Site Admin
FREE Home Recording Training Video Course
Follow me on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Seagull S6 Original/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
Website Design & Managed Hostingwww.rabbittree.uk

parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Unread post by parametric » Fri May 05, 2017 1:18 am

As you know, Saul, I agree with you on that.

One of the Synthesiser World's best kept secrets - hidden in plain view :lol:

I have most of Klaus' commercial stuff for the Fusion - and to be honest, there isn't much it can't do (or imitate)

Klaus has produced Factory content for some very prestigious Brands, and as such, his continuance with the Fusion rather validates your opinion (and

mine). I just wish I had his skill/talent and patience to have a go myself. I DO have his book on programming the Fusion, but it DOES require locking

yourself away from distractions and investing considerable TIME, to succeed. I just can't make that commitment just now . . .

I communicated with Joeri Peeters a while back, wondering if he was making anything more for the Fusion . . . . . He told me sadly NOT as he is

suffering from Tinitus and cannot really DO audio any more.

How cruel life can be - eh?

He is making his way in Photography though - and has produced some amazing work.

Mario (Evil_Dragon) seems to be at the helm of HollowSun these days, and all Steve Howell's commercial content was still available last time I looked.

parametric

Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio 24/96 Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module
BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9217

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Fri May 05, 2017 10:32 am

The Fusion is definitely one of those classic keyboards which seems to skim under the radar of most synth players out there...which in a way is a good thing because as a discontinued board there are obviously limited supplies out there and as many people don't know about it then, form a potential buyers point of view prices stay low and there is a good chance of finding one :)

If only it were a couple of years ago when cash was in not too short a supply. These days new/used keyboards will have to wait but, I'm sure things will improve eventually and who knows, a Fusion may grace the living room once again :)

That's sad about Joeri Peeters and the Tinnitus. As someone who has had it for at least 15 years I can understand how that can affect ones life quite a bit. Luckily mine...for now doesn't interfere with my music. I can hear it all the time...like now but I push it into the background and just carry on. My tinnitus is best described as a permanent high pitched sine wave. The other night it actually woke me up because it was so loud it was painful! It's rarely like that but for some people it's always like that.

On the plus side there WILL be a cure for tinnitus so for anyone who suffers from this condition, just hang in there. It's only a matter of time :)

Saul
Site Admin
FREE Home Recording Training Video Course
Follow me on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Seagull S6 Original/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
Website Design & Managed Hostingwww.rabbittree.uk

parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Unread post by parametric » Fri May 05, 2017 11:40 am

Yes - lets hope . . .

My former guvnor at Uni suffers badly from it, and awaits a slot for surgery ATM . . . .

I must check with him as to how that's going. I'll let you know . . . .

parametric

Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio 24/96 Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module
BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9217

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris

Return to “Alesis Fusion 6HD & 8HD”