Hello All, Newbie from the UK with a question!

New to the site? Drop in here and say hello.

Moderators: parametric, Derek, Fozzer

mistikempire
Turkey

Hello All, Newbie from the UK with a question!

Unread post by mistikempire » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:38 pm

Hello all

I have loved the keyboard since playing as a child, i am self thaught, can not read notes or use both hands simultaneously.
I can start to play abit of a song, literally soon as i hear it.

I decided to buy and have purchased the Yamaha e443 after literally having a very old keyboard before that and reading so many good reviews on here!

Just a question though, if possible? How do i download or install more voices? Particularly Strings type voices.

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Re: Hello All, Newbie from the UK with a question!

Unread post by Saul » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:59 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

The E443 is a great keyboard as I am sure you have already discovered however, as far as I am aware you cannot actually add voices to it. You can download new 'styles' but that is not what you wanted.

Generally speaking if you want something you can add new voices to then you need to be looking more at a synth than an arranger type keyboard like the E443.

The best way forward, assuming you want to keep the E443 is to hook It up to software and use it to control new sounds that way. There are a lot of free soft synths out there so you won't be short of sounds.

Perhaps check out some of the free stuff over at Native Instruments?
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/free/
Saul
Site Admin
FREE Home Recording Training Video Course
Follow me on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Epiphone EJ-200CE/Taylor 114e ES2/Yamaha FG830/Roland Juno DS88/Pianoteq Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iPad Air 2/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 8/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors/Focusrite Scarlett2i2 2nd gen
Mac & PC Computer Repairs, Upgrades. Web Hosting, Installation and Design www.thegraphicscompany.uk

mistikempire
Turkey

Unread post by mistikempire » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:13 am

Thank you! Firstly for the welcome and useful info!
I will definitely get looking into the software you suggested

mistikempire
Turkey

Unread post by mistikempire » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:47 pm

Just intalled Native Access to then install the kompact software which was free.

I however really dont understand how to use it, i have tried to watch various youtube videos, however just find it is too complex with me.

Im scared that i think this keyboard is a little bit too advanced for someone like me, whom is unable to utilise all of its features, an will have to put it up for sale :(

Return to “Introduce Yourself”