2 AFM Poly DX7 Rhodes Sounds for SY99 any kind

The Yamaha SY99 is a synthesiser combining frequency modulation synthesis (branded as Advanced FM) and sample-based synthesis (branded as Advanced Wave Memory 2) and the direct successor to Yamaha's SY77/TG77

Moderators: parametric, Derek, Saul, Fozzer

crcraft

2 AFM Poly DX7 Rhodes Sounds for SY99 any kind

Unread post by crcraft » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:50 am

If anybody has these sounds I would like to have them. I'm obsessed with finding the best DX Rhodes sound other than the original which I already have on my DX7 mk1

Clyde
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Clyde » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:20 am

There are some good SY77 voice banks in our download section, I put some of them up there, in those there should be an SY77 voice called "DX Famous", it was originally a 1AFM Poly voice that I edited to 2AFM Poly simply by copying the parameters to another FM element, then detune the two elements from each other and renamed it "DX FFamous" so when I saw the two fs I'd know it was the 2AFM version. There is also a group of SY77 banks in the download section that I got from Phil Clendennin (aka BadMister on the Motifator site) back around 1992 or so, it is an SY77 library organized by voice type, so all the basses are together, all the EPs, all the organs, all the strings, etc., that was the collection he was pulling voices from for his product demos at Yamaha dealers back then. You might also drop me a PM with your email address.
Clyde
DX7IIFD, SY77, SY99, Hammond C3, Steinway L, CP300, AW1600, etc.

crcraft

Unread post by crcraft » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:17 am

Thanks Clyde. I like the fact that you are so involved with the forum and I appreciate your replies. I sell Yamaha Keyboards on a daily basis and in contact with Yamaha Canada on a regular basis and you extend the fact that the service within the Yamaha Music Corporation is second to none.

Clyde
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Clyde » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:49 pm

I agree, I have found that over the years Yamaha's service (the few times I've ever needed it) was indeed second to none. Do send me your email address.
Clyde
DX7IIFD, SY77, SY99, Hammond C3, Steinway L, CP300, AW1600, etc.

DarylWise
United States of America

Re:

Unread post by DarylWise » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:38 am

Clyde wrote:There are some good SY77 voice banks in our download section, I put some of them up there, in those there should be an SY77 voice called "DX Famous", it was originally a 1AFM Poly voice that I edited to 2AFM Poly simply by copying the parameters to another FM element, then detune the two elements from each other and renamed it "DX FFamous" so when I saw the two fs I'd know it was the 2AFM version. There is also a group of SY77 banks in the download section that I got from Phil Clendennin (aka BadMister on the Motifator site) back around 1992 or so, it is an SY77 library organized by voice type, so all the basses are together, all the EPs, all the organs, all the strings, etc., that was the collection he was pulling voices from for his product demos at Yamaha dealers back then. You might also drop me a PM with your email address.
Clyde
Is this patch still available? I know that alot of the patches mentioned in this forum (such as one collection from Phil Clendennin) are now gone.

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Re: 2 AFM Poly DX7 Rhodes Sounds for SY99 any kind

Unread post by Saul » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:33 am

They aren't exactly "gone" Daryl. It's more a question of me locating them on my various hard drives!

Some time ago the format of the front end of Yamaha Forums...where the downloads were kept, went under a complete change from Joomla to Wordpress. That of course removed the downloads, which I do keep backups of but combined with that change of format I also changed computers and moved home. Result is, all the patches/sounds etc that existed before are still here, somewhere. Oh and the other slight problem is the original files didn't actually say what the content was and since I no longer own a SY or DX it is then difficult to know what it is I am uploading.

I will do some work on it today though and see if I can sort at least some of it out.
Saul
Site Admin
FREE Home Recording Training Video Course
Follow me on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Seagull S6 Original/KORG Triton Studio 61/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors/Akai Advance 49
Website Design & Managed Hostingwww.rabbittree.uk

Sonus

Unread post by Sonus » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:28 pm

Phil “Bad Mister” Clendennin's SY77 collection ...

dx_famous.zip
(346 Bytes) Downloaded 23 times
Last edited by Sonus on Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:40 pm

Daryl did you try the one here :
http://yamahaforums.co.uk/download/dx7-collection-2/

There is a lot in that one but not sure of the files original name. Could be the one Clyde uploaded.
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook
Seagull S6 Original/KORG Triton Studio 61/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors/Akai Advance 49

DarylWise
United States of America

Unread post by DarylWise » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:44 am

Saul wrote:Daryl did you try the one here :

There is a lot in that one but not sure of the files original name. Could be the one Clyde uploaded.
I have no idea why I never got a notification that you guys replied!!!!! I'm just now seeing this! Thank you guys!

DarylWise
United States of America

Unread post by DarylWise » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:47 am

Saul wrote:Daryl did you try the one here :

The download for that collection says it's unavailable.

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:38 am

Looking at the file size I would guess it didn't upload correctly. Will look into it this morning.

To make sure you receive replies to your posts you need to either check the box underneath the text window when replying
Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 06.34.45.png
Or you can subscribe to whole forums/sections by clicking the link right at the bottom of the forum your in as below :
Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 06.37.32.png
Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 06.37.32.png (12.32 KiB) Viewed 557 times
Will let you know when that download is sorted.
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

DarylWise
United States of America

Unread post by DarylWise » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:47 am

Saul wrote:Looking at the file size I would guess it didn't upload correctly. Will look into it this morning.

To make sure you receive replies to your posts you need to either check the box underneath the text window when replying
Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 06.34.45.png

Or you can subscribe to whole forums/sections by clicking the link right at the bottom of the forum your in as below :
Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 06.37.32.png

Will let you know when that download is sorted.
Will do that from now on. Yeah it just gives me a text file that says download unavailable.

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:44 am

Try this one Daryl and let me know what is in it?
dx7rom.zip
(18.67 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

DarylWise
United States of America

Unread post by DarylWise » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:19 am

Saul wrote:Try this one Daryl and let me know what is in it?

dx7rom.zip
Thats the first DX download from the downloads section. Just the factory carts not the DX Collection 2 which is not factory carts.

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:32 am

I have fixed the other download now and added a few more so let me know how you get on with those.
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

Return to “Yamaha SY99 Forum”