FORUM RULES - READ BEFORE POSTING
We don't have a great many rules on this forum. The ones we do have are mostly common sense but there are a couple which you do need to pay close attention to. You can read the latest version of the rules here: viewtopic.php?t=5958

Android App - Video and Music Streaming

iPad,iPhone,iPod Touch and Android Apps and Hardware for musicians. If you see an app or pieces of hardware you think would be useful for musicians using these devices please post details here.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

jthspace

Android App - Video and Music Streaming

Unread post by jthspace »

Gizmag reports:-

You could stream local audio and video files from your computer to Chromecast via the Chrome browser or by using an extension like Videostream, but now there are more apps that will let you stream videos, music, and photos directly from your phone, tablet, or network to the big screen.

One of the most popular apps for this is AllCast, which is easy to use and will beam content stored on your phone or tablet to Sonos speakers, Apple TV, and other set-top boxes. Another one you might want to try is LocalCast, which will also load media from a wide range of devices, and will compile a media library from select sources.

Allcast

http://www.gizmag.com/stream-android-am ... ial/32591/

Localcast

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... cast&hl=en

Jeff
Saul Ukraine
Site Admin
Site Admin
Where Are You Located?: Nr Brighton, UK

Re: Android App - Video and Music Streaming

Unread post by Saul »

I think my LG G3 can stream to any DLNA enabled device anyway, which covers most "smart tech" these days. Have seen Allcast on the Google App Store although it has mixed reviews with many reporting it stopped working after about an hour.

I'm still looking for some decent media server software for Win7 which doesn't stop working, fail to update the list of files, fail to play certain types of file and so on. Bloody frustrating experience so far :(
Saul
Site Admin

If I have been able to help you in some way you can Buy Me A Coffee Here.

Brand Ambassador For Dowina Guitars
Acoustic Guitar Reviews On Facebook
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

LAG T88A, Breedlove Signature Concert Copper E, Breedlove Pursuit Exotic Concert CE Koa, Walden D640T, Tanglewood TRSJ-VS, Vintage VE2000GG.
jthspace

Re: Android App - Video and Music Streaming

Unread post by jthspace »

I never found anything that was very good on Windows, one of the reasons that I put all my music on the iPad (backed up to an external hard disk).

I tried most of the programs mentioned in this article, and they all seemed rather unfriendly, as much as iTunes gets bad reviews and has it haters, it does do what it says and plays music. For streaming to the Sonos speaker, I use their app which allows radio or your own music choice.

http://www.howtogeek.com/132462/5-alter ... windows-8/

I downloaded the latest XBMC recently, it was pretty awful in my opinion.