Yamaha YPT-220 repair

All Other Yamaha Keyboards/Modules and Instruments Not Covered By Their Own Section

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul, Fozzer

Kasper

Yamaha YPT-220 repair

Unread post by Kasper » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:52 am

Hello everyone,

I am a total beginner with regards to keyboards and such. I have a 3 year old daughter who seems interested in music and instruments - And so I thought I'd get something a bit better than pure toys. I bought a cheap Yamaha YPT-220 with a matching stand at a fleamarket, the seller assured me it worked, and it sorta does.

However there is 6 keys that aren't responsive (4 white and 2 black) counting from the right it's number 8,9,10 and 11 + the 2 black above. I dissasembled they keyboard easily and there is no visible signs of water damage or dirt. I cleaned the contact area underneath the rubber membrane with isopropyl alcohol, that didn't help.

Any help would be much appreaciated - If it doesn't work it's no big deal, i only paid about 12gbp for it, and she is happy enough playing it as is - but i figured if it worked properly, maybe her old man would try to learn playing a bit :D

SeaGtGruff
United States of America

Re: Yamaha YPT-220 repair

Unread post by SeaGtGruff » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:58 pm

Do you have a copy of the Service Manual? If not, you can download it for free at the following site:

http://elektrotanya.com/?q=showresult&w ... =&kat2=all

When you click on the link you'll need to wait for a while until the word "...processing..." (in the third line of text below the image of the manual's cover page) changes to say "Get Manual," which is the link you must click on to download the manual (do not click on any buttons or other controls on the page that say "download," as they are actually for downloading advertised programs and have nothing to do with the manual).

I don't know if the manual will help, but I guess it can't hurt. Good luck!

Michael Rideout
Yamaha PSR-E433, PSR-E443, YPT-400

Kasper

Re: Yamaha YPT-220 repair

Unread post by Kasper » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:44 am

Cheers, i'll have a look and see how it goes:)

Return to “Other Yamaha Keyboards/Modules & Equipment”