Please, I am very close to buying a Yamaha CPX, but...?

The CPX are high quality series of acoustic guitars featuring tops made from select pieces of spruce on bodies and backs of flamed maple. The CPX is designed to provide great playability for on-stage performance with large and deep bodies that deliver a dynamic sound, bracing designs that resist feedback, and single cutaways that provide access to the upper neck.

Moderators: Buzzard, parametric, Derek, Saul

Greenbow

Re: Please, I am very close to buying a Yamaha CPX, but...?

Unread post by Greenbow » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:37 am

Saul wrote:What price were you going to pay for it and where were you buying it from? A deal can always be done ;)
Yeah, I am going to have to call them I think. Not going to say right now in case I jinx it - we never know, they may be reading.

Greenbow

Unread post by Greenbow » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:28 pm

Hello again folks.

I had to side-line buying my guitar for a while. I still had my heart set on the Yamaha CPX 1200II, but I bought Cubase and Wavelab (Pro 9). I got busy, haha.

Anyway I did order a Yamaha CPX 1200II just recently. I am going with Professional Music Technology https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/

They made me a quote for £1099 including a Hiscox Pro-GAD case. (I thought that was fair as the guitar lists at about £1200.) .... They didn't have one in stock, or even have that model on their website.

Anyway I paid by Paypal on the 5th of July. However I still have not heard any news from them. I called them after about nine days, and was told they had not made the order yet. Today (19th July) I emailed my contact and asked for an update. I have not had a reply yet today. I have to admit I am feeling despondent now.

If I don't hear from them by Saturday, I will telephone either the store I ordered from or head office. I need to get a move on, as I think there may be a limit on Paypal claims. (Like item not received.)

Sorry I disappeared for so long with you guys. I really did take a sidestep and have been very busy with Cubase.

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:22 pm

They should not have taken your money if they didn't have it in stock and could not provide a date when it would be in stock.

When you agreed to order what did they say about time frames for delivery?

There is a default delivery period of 30 days during which the retailer needs to deliver unless a longer period has been agreed. However given that you have been left with no updates from them and they have no replied to your email I think you have a good case to cancel the order and go elsewhere.
Saul
Site Admin
FREE Home Recording Training Video Course
Follow me on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Epiphone EJ-200CE/Taylor 114e ES2/Yamaha FG830/Roland Juno DS88/Pianoteq Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iPad Air 2/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 8/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors/Focusrite Scarlett2i2 2nd gen
Mac & PC Computer Repairs, Upgrades. Web Hosting, Installation and Design www.thegraphicscompany.uk

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:38 pm

By the way, I posted this on their twitter and facebook pages so let's see if they take their reputation seriously!

One thing though. All guitars now have to go through a new certification to make sure they are constructed from sustainable and legal woods. This is causing a massive headache for dealers. The certification takes quite some time and is the main reason the TransAcoustic was delayed for so long. The CPX1200II has probably been a victim of the same red tape.
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook
Epiphone EJ-200CE/Taylor 114e ES2/Yamaha FG830/Roland Juno DS88/Pianoteq Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iPad Air 2/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 8/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors/Focusrite Scarlett2i2 2nd gen
Mac & PC Computer Repairs, Upgrades. Web Hosting, Installation and Design www.thegraphicscompany.uk

Greenbow

Unread post by Greenbow » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:46 pm

There was actually no need to worry in the end..

I had also made a mistake. I thought it had been two weeks and one day since I paid. However it was one day less than two weeks. I think that was fine considering that had to order the guitar in. They did go out of their way because the guitar was not even listed on their website. They also had to make a stock sheet to be able to order it. I think they have done quite well. .... I just got flustered I think.

I telephoned them the next day after posting here. They said the guitar had now arrived at their store, and I was elated.

It's taken a few days to move another step forward but that's on me. They have offered me some free strings, and maybe two pairs. Meaning delivery has waited for me to sort out some string choices.

I have been not able to do the maybe half hour needed to research which string I want. Then compare with which strings they stock. Just been busy and poorly so sleeping a lot. .. Anyway I have figured out what to do about strings, and I had previously been thinking about guitar acoustics anyway.

Sorry if I made a mistake here, but I am quite poorly at the moment, and the consequences are I am suffer extreme exhaustion. I am so sleepy when I am awake and easily make mistakes all the time.

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:13 pm

Sorry to hear your not well right now. Your health has to be the number one priority, everything else can wait.

Having said that, I don't think you were at all premature in making this thread. You still waited far too long for a response from PMT and they should have updated you on a time frame for delivery when they accepted the order. If I took my customers money for a website and then simply did not contact them for two weeks they would rightfully be concerned. It's just simple good customer service to ensure people are in the frame and know what is happening.

They did respond to my facebook post by the way and had seen this thread so I don't think it was time wasted in posting it. Perhaps the next customer placing an order like yours will benefit from your experience and they will be kept fully in the loop as to how their order is progressing.

Anyway glad to hear you got it sorted. Do rest up though. The guitar is in the store now so you can collect or have it delivered any time :)
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

Greenbow

Unread post by Greenbow » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:10 pm

I wouldn't have posted here if I had known you were going to post on their website. I was posting here to talk to you and your other moderator in the knowledge that this thread was quite quiet. I mean, it's been nice chatting along with you folks anyway, and I felt compelled to update you.

I don't know what to do now. ... I am going to offer to pay for a freebie that they have entitled me with.

I am content that they have replied on their Twitter page, and don't mind if they criticised me.

The main thing for me is that I soon have my guitar and it's perfect. In that situation, I think I will be leaving a five-star review with Trust Pilot.

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:59 pm

Why are you offering to pay for something they are giving you for free? It's their mistake not yours. You have done nothing wrong at all. They SHOULD have updated you and they didn't. They took your payment and you didn't hear anything from them for almost two weeks. That's bad customer service and I think if you were to ask around you would find that everyone including the stores themselves would agree that they should not have left you in the dark.

IF they had kept you updated you would not have been posting here so who is to blame for that?

Be happy your getting your guitar and are being compensated for the mistakes they made. They are more than happy to give you the free strings so please take them.
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

Greenbow

Unread post by Greenbow » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:33 pm

Saul, it's because I posted online leaving the company details and it got posted on their Twitter. That is why I offered payment for an item that I was offered free.

I am not laying any blame or distrust with you. Please truly understand that. I am taking responsibility for my actions. I should have thought before posting.

It wasn't quite the case that I heard nothing from them for thirteen days. It was actually that I had to contact them, to find information. I called once and was told the order was not made yet. Then I called a second time, and was told the guitar was with them. I mean it was fair that the item took a while to get, considering they didn't have a URL for the item. They had to make stock changes to get it. However it was the lack of replies to emails, and my being forced to telephone them, that bothered me.

I do not know if they are being deliberately horrid to me. It feels like that sometimes. However I am still not well and that does not help with patience and keeping stuff in perspective. It's like trying to make decisions and work out how to feel, after being awake for thirty-six hours.

Anyway they had initially offered me some free strings. However I decided to wait until the guitar arrived to evaluate which strings I wanted to use. Brighter brass, or mid toned brass-phosphorus. The CPX 1200II is full bodied, and so bassy, but with the cut-away it will maybe balance sound. It's back and sides are made of rosewood, which can lean toward a warmer sound.

Thus I changed my mind and wanted a strap for safety, (with me being tired). Given it was more expensive than a set of strings, I made offer and paid for it.

However initially, they did offer me the stray free anyway. This was agreed on Wednesday 26th July. Then on Thursday I took it upon myself and sent them payment for the strap via Paypal. ... They were not sure they had the strap I wanted in stock, so I had to wait. Meaning waiting longer for my guitar. ... I must admit I find it disturbing that they have not thanked me for, or even acknowledged this payment.

I mean, they probably think I am a horrible customer. However I am back in the situation where I feel I have to telephone them again. I would like to know if they found they had the strap I wanted in stock. Or if they have had to order one. They have had part of Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and most of Monday, to let me know. After promising to let me know what the state of play would be, regarding stock of strap. I decided to wait on delivery of guitar so they could save on postage and send all together. As you can imagine I get anxious.

Greenbow

Unread post by Greenbow » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:15 pm

Guitar arrived today. It's more stunning in person.

Translucent black CPX 1200 II.

Even just catching a string sets off harmonics playing on their own. (Something I think that is characteristic of rosewood.)

Return to “Yamaha CPX Guitar Forum”