Full Throttle - Remastered 18/4/2017

Kick back and talk about anything here. Music or non Music related..Anything goes....within reason!

Moderators: parametric, Derek, Saul, Fozzer

parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Full Throttle - Remastered 18/4/2017

Unread post by parametric » Fri May 19, 2017 10:55 pm

Knowing this forum's pre-delectation for Heavy Rock (esp. in the Axe-Section) and Motorcycles (Most Sections 8) )

I could not resist mentioning this . . . .

(N.B this is a L O N G play-through of the entire Game)

Only just discovered it's been re-mastered from the original 1985 release, which I loved.

Mouse Driven Point and Click I/F is easy to use and can produce humourous replies from the characters . .

Sound track is predominantly HEAVY with occasional Hill-billy excursions which is all very atmospheric IMO. .

Add some really Wild Bike Designs and after-market accessory concepts- and there's something for almost everyone . . .

Mark Hamill voices a number of characters . . .

One can only guess what inspired the name of "Corley MotorCycles" :lol:

Might treat myself to this re-issue . . .

parametric
Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio 24/96 Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module
BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9217

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Re: Full Throttle - Remastered 18/4/2017

Unread post by Saul » Fri May 19, 2017 11:33 pm

I remember Full Throttle although I can't remember much about the game itself. I do know I liked it at the time...we are going back a bit though LOL

Can't quite remember what bike I had at the time but could have been either a Suzuki GS550 or Yamaha XS650 but definitely in keeping with the whole Rock/Harleyesque theme :) Games were so much fun back then. They are certainly more advanced now in terms of graphics and sound but sometimes have to wonder where the "fun" bit went.
Saul
Site Admin
FREE Home Recording Training Video Course
Follow me on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Seagull S6 Original/KORG Triton Studio 61/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors/Akai Advance 49
Website Design & Managed Hostingwww.rabbittree.uk

parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Re: Full Throttle - Remastered 18/4/2017

Unread post by parametric » Tue May 23, 2017 12:41 am

I don't know what happened Saul . . . .

It all got swept away in a torrent of "Never mind the story/content - look at the graphics".

Sure the Video gaming aspect drives the technology in the high-end graphics card market - which is OK, but

I think the quality of the games have suffered - perhaps its a fashion thing, I don't know . . .

My Partner Jan is a Lemmings expert - Lemmings 1, 2 (The Tribes), 3 (Larger Avatars) and the "Holiday Specials".

She also plays The Sims but not the later ones.

I preferred the adventure Games:

Monkey Island 1 & 2,

The Sierra Games, Police Quest 1-3, Space Quest 1-3 and of course, the Leisure Suit Larry Games 1,2,3,5,6&7.

The Lucas Arts Indiana Jones Series.

After that I went on to 1st person games . . .
Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, Duke Nukem, Heretic and Hexen . . .

Nowadays (when I play) I only play BZFlag which is online PC/Mac and Linux . . . . It's rather like Atari(?) "BattleZone" which was a wire frame game on the Arcades - way back - But BZFlag has excellent graphics and is VERY challenging . . .

para
Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio 24/96 Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module
BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9217

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris

Return to “Chill Out Room”