How to load a multiple samples to RAM?

The EX5 features a unique Extended Synthesis system which incorporates a number of advanced tone generator technologies. AWM2, AN, FDSP and VL. The EX5 is one of the best keyboard Yamaha ever produced.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

dragon_x

How to load a multiple samples to RAM?

Unread post by dragon_x »

Hi,
I try to load multiple samples from diskette do ram. I found M1 piano sample and I want to create a new sound for my excercise :)
Unfortunately I cannot load more than one sample to ram. I tried many times in many ways. I have 17 samples to load.
Can You help me?

--
Regards
Daniel
--
Yamaha EX7, Yamaha P45
M-Audio Midisport 2x2 Anniversary Edition

jima
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Location.: West Midlands, UK.

Re: How to load a multiple samples to RAM?

Unread post by jima »

Section 6 of the 'Joy of EX' is a good starter for sample use in the EX and 'tEXtures Deluxe' has more information. You can find them both here http://www.ex5tech.co.uk/guides.html

Using these techniques you will be able to load and map samples to 'Waves' which can then be used in voices. There are a couple of other ways but I would recommend that you start with Waves first.

Jim
Yamaha EX5, AN1X, TG500, Moog Werkstatt, Korg Wavestation SR, Sigma, Legacy Digital, Nord Modular G2, G2 Engine, Focusrite PRO 40, MIDISPORT 8x8/s, Uno, Arturia Keylab 49 MkII, BeatStep, V Collection, Pigments | Love keyboards but so little time :(

dragon_x

Re: How to load a multiple samples to RAM?

Unread post by dragon_x »

thank you very much. Thanks to the reading I managed how to load samples into memory. Now I have to understand how to create a sound and assign samples to it in the right way.

I have a sample piano with KORG M1, there are 17 of them and they have to be properly assigned to the appropriate pitch. Tomorrow further reading and test :)

--
Regards
Daniel
--
Yamaha EX7, Yamaha P45
M-Audio Midisport 2x2 Anniversary Edition