Obtaining Vycro MX Performance Editor software

The MX series combines Motif XS sounds, USB Audio/MIDI connectivity and advanced DAW/VST controller features at a ground breaking level of affordability.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

Airlane

Obtaining Vycro MX Performance Editor software

Unread post by Airlane »

I've just noticed I could use this free software but the site (http://vycromx.com/) from which it's downloadable is dead. Does anyone know of another source to obtain it?

Loopmasters Sale
parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Location.: Near Watford, United Kingdom

VIP

Re: Obtaining Vycro MX Performance Editor software

Unread post by parametric »

Hi,

Just spend some time searching. Vycro.com seems to be up for sale . . . allegedly since Feb. 2019.

Unfortunately, ALL the references I found point there . . . . . There seems to be no other source.

If anyone has contact details of the author we could try and get permission to host it?

Was it freeware or bought SW? There seems to have been a "Pro" version too - so I suspect it's bought SW.

Maybe someone in here has a copy - with the name of the author?

Problem is that the email addy will doubtless be joe blogs at Vycro.com . . . . . :roll:

parametric

Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - https://yamahamusicians.com/720k-floppy-disks-for-sale/

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
YamahaUser

Unread post by YamahaUser »

parametric wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:57 am[...]
If anyone has contact details of the author we could try and get permission to host it?

Was it freeware or bought SW? There seems to have been a "Pro" version too - so I suspect it's bought SW.

Maybe someone in here has a copy - with the name of the author?

Problem is that the email addy will doubtless be joe blogs at Vycro.com . . . . . :roll:

parametric
See viewtopic.php?t=12222 for background info.

See http://psicraft.com/

Direct contact information is in the Whois listing for the PSICRAFT site (registrant)…
https://www.whois.com/whois/psicraft.com

Yamaha A3000V2, A4000, MEP4, Motif XS6, Motif XF6, YS200
Fender Chroma Polaris | Korg T3EX, 05R/W | Roland M-GS64, U-220 | Etc.
parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Location.: Near Watford, United Kingdom

VIP

Unread post by parametric »

Thanks for that YU . . . . (Y)

Perhaps <Saul> can make some inquiries . . . . ?

ATB

parametric

Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - https://yamahamusicians.com/720k-floppy-disks-for-sale/

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
sw1tch73ch

Unread post by sw1tch73ch »

I have both Vycro MX and John Melas software. They both do the job. Vycro MX is nicer looking and a little more user friendly, so it would be really nice if Yamaha gets a deal to manage a distribution of the Vycro software. The Psicraft NEWS page hasn't been updated since 2013. They have done work behind the scenes since 2013, such as when the Vycro MX Pro was made free, but nothing really publicly available otherwise. And now the download page is gone and has been for close to two months.

Meanwhile, I've been suggesting people look at the John Melas software.

-- J. Sandlin
Primary devices MX-49, P-515, MG10XU (yes, the mixer).
Secondary devices: YPG-635, NP-V80, PSR-E353, FB-01, PSR-500, PSS-480 (yes, it is a toy. A useful toy)
There's a Yamaha Guitar around here somewhere too... ;-)
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location.: UK, West Sussex

Unread post by Saul »

Shame to see this has disappeared from the web. I can understand domains being given up occasionally but this was an incredibly useful piece of software. Yamaha seemed to thinks so...although obviously not enough to put some cash behind it. Why does that not surprise me :/:

Anyway have dropped the author a line and hopefully, he will get back to me soon (Y)

Saul
Site Admin

Appreciate the forum? Buy me a coffeeImage
Acoustic Guitar Reviews On Facebook
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Please Note: This site is at times supported by Amazon Associate and other affiliate links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website or other vendors websites. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may help support the running costs of the site via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.
Sausagefingers

Unread post by Sausagefingers »

Sad that it has gone because it is a useful bit of kit. However it is only for working on Performances, and a major advantage is that you can save each performance as a file, and therefore build up a library of performances which you can upload to the keyboard as the need arises. It also therfore acts as a back-up should you need to reset the entire keyboard.

The John Melas software is much more comprehensive, allowing you to edit individual voices down to really fine details. I discovered that each voice has up to 8 individual elements, with each element being a synth "voice" in its own right, with waveform, VCF, VCA, LFOs, effects, pitch envelopes and loads and loads more. The actual level of programming you can achieve is awesome, especially is this is on a keyboard that only costs £500. Amazing! You do have to buy the software, but it is a relatively small amount, especially for what it gives you.

Go for it!

PS: I do not have any vested interests in the software package, I am just bowled over (a) by the MX61 itself, and (b) what you can do when you have this software!

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location.: UK, West Sussex

Unread post by Saul »

Couldn't agree more Sausagefingers (Y)

With John Melas software it opens the MX up and shows just how much of a powerful synth is hidden under the hood. This is far more than just a rompler. You can create some pretty amazing sounds with the MX.

I have no hesitation in recommending John Melas software editor. In fact, I would say it is essential for every MX owner who wants to get the best out of there keyboard :)

Saul
Site Admin

Appreciate the forum? Buy me a coffeeImage
Acoustic Guitar Reviews On Facebook
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Please Note: This site is at times supported by Amazon Associate and other affiliate links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website or other vendors websites. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may help support the running costs of the site via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.
neilbe
Location.: USA

Unread post by neilbe »

Found a copy of the WIndows install on an old hard drive.
As it's abandonware, I'll host it on my site as long as they let me.

http://www.neilbe.com/Software/Vycro_MX ... up_WIN.zip

SeaGtGruff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Location.: SC, USA

Unread post by SeaGtGruff »

I think that's the original free version. I have a copy of the Pro version, which was later made freely available. I thought I had a copy of the Mac version, but my old computer had a hard drive crash last year, and I haven't found it yet on my USB flash drives or external backup drive.

Michael Rideout
Current keyboards: Yamaha YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443, PSR-EW400, MX49 BK
Current controllers: M-Audio Axiom 61-II
Previous keyboards: Farfisa Matador 611; Casio CTK-710
filenotfound
Location.: Brazil

Unread post by filenotfound »

Just found this forum on Google and I would like to share the Vycro MX software that I have

I bought the Pro version and some months later it became free. This is the Pro version (1.12) distributed for free by the devs themselves (this information is shown in the begining of the installation, see the image). I think that the developers turned it as a freeware software because they were about to end their activities.

Here is the Google Drive link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HIL2Xt ... sp=sharing

Hope it helps.

pgermain
Location.: Canada

Unread post by pgermain »

Thank You very much filenotfound (Y)