how are patterns exported and how do you lock the pattern to a specific performance

Covers the Yamaha MODX6, MODX7 and MODX8

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

lantomantio

how are patterns exported and how do you lock the pattern to a specific performance

Unread post by lantomantio »

Finally I started to write something on the MODX; recorded few patterns and so far the experience is very pleasant. I enjoy the fact I can set a pattern to up to 128 bars I believe, which is refreshing, compared to the 8 bars max of my other hardware sequencers.

Although I found a bit of a problem: I don't see an option to export the patterns when saving a full backup; you have the option to load a pattern, but it does not seem to have an option to save the patterns for some reason. I did not try to factory reset the MODX and restore the backup file to verify if the patterns are saved, because I don't want to lose 2 days of work. Can anyone confirm that in fact the patterns are saved with a full backup?

Also how do you lock a pattern to a specific performance? I created a pattern with one performance; then I loaded a different performance and when I went to that pattern, it was using the new performance, not the one used to record. I did push the "store pattern & perf setting button when the original performance was selected but it still continue to use the current patch.I am looking at some videos to learn about the new update 2.0, the montage videos should do too I guess, but some seems to be a tad different in the workflow.

musoalan
Location.: UK

Re: how are patterns exported and how do you lock the pattern to a specific performance

Unread post by musoalan »

I am having the same problem. Patterns will not lock to a particular Performance.
This is really annoying.
Hope someone can help.