Site Maintenance

All site announcements, changes and notifications are posted here. Please check from time to time.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location.: UK, West Sussex

Site Maintenance

Unread post by Saul »

I will need to take the forum offline for a few hours possibly tonight or tomorrow for some server maintenance. Not sure how long it will be offline but shouldn't be too long. So if you come to the forum and find it is suddenly offline you will know why. (Y)

Saul
Site Admin
Thalia Capos

Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Please Note: This site is at times supported by Amazon Associate and other affiliate links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website or other vendors websites. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may support the running costs of the site via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.
Macke
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Location.: Sweden

VIP

Re: Site Maintenance

Unread post by Macke »

Saul wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:22 pm I will need to take the forum offline for a few hours possibly tonight or tomorrow for some server maintenance. Not sure how long it will be offline but shouldn't be too long. So if you come to the forum and find it is suddenly offline you will know why. (Y)
Thanks for the heads-up Saul. (Y)

FailedMuso

VIP

Unread post by FailedMuso »

I wasn't sure where to post this so I thought this might be as good a place as any.

In the last week or so, the visual style of the forum has changed and I can't figure out a way of setting it back to what it was before. I've searched the settings but cannot find the option that allows me to choose the board style.

Has this option been removed? Has the style of the forum been changed recently? Am I going bonkers??

Can someone help or advise?

Many thanks in advance!

Rob Puricelli
FAILEDMUSO.COM SOS Podcasts
Freelance Music Technologist, Writer, Podcaster, Consultant & Fairlight Restoration
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

Check out this post Rob. It explains it all :)

https://www.yamahamusicians.com/forum/v ... =1&t=16125

Saul
Site Admin
Thalia Capos

Follow Us On Facebook

Please Note: This site is at times supported by Amazon Associate and other affiliate links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website or other vendors websites. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may support the running costs of the site via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.
FailedMuso

VIP

Unread post by FailedMuso »

Saul wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:38 pm Check out this post Rob. It explains it all :)

https://www.yamahamusicians.com/forum/v ... =1&t=16125
Thanks Saul! I was looking for a post like this but couldn't see it. Hope you get to the bottom of the issues :)

Rob Puricelli
FAILEDMUSO.COM SOS Podcasts
Freelance Music Technologist, Writer, Podcaster, Consultant & Fairlight Restoration
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

I will be putting the forum into maintenance mode later today.

Not quite sure how long it will be offline but hopefully should not be too long. Just thought I would let you know. (Y)

Saul
Site Admin
Thalia Capos

Follow Us On Facebook

Macke
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

VIP

Unread post by Macke »

Saul wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:59 pm I will be putting the forum into maintenance mode later today.

Not quite sure how long it will be offline but hopefully should not be too long. Just thought I would let you know. (Y)
I guess everything went as planned? I've been in and out of the forum for the better part of the day and browsing has been snappy and responsive so far.
Not made any posts though.

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

Yes forgot to update this thread. There were a few issues but they were sorted out pretty quickly. I didn't mention it but the site was actually moved to yet another VPS. This was because of so many issues with the DirectAdmin hosting control panel on the original so I migrated to Cpanel. It's a few dollars more but the extra flexibility more than compensates for it. Also, the site actually seems to be running even faster than before (Y)

Saul
Site Admin
Thalia Capos

Follow Us On Facebook

Macke
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

VIP

Unread post by Macke »

Saul wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:40 pm Yes forgot to update this thread. There were a few issues but they were sorted out pretty quickly. I didn't mention it but the site was actually moved to yet another VPS. This was because of so many issues with the DirectAdmin hosting control panel on the original so I migrated to Cpanel. It's a few dollars more but the extra flexibility more than compensates for it. Also, the site actually seems to be running even faster than before (Y)
Thanks for the update Saul. Great news (Y)

Derek
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Location.: Wales, UK

VIP

Unread post by Derek »

it does seem super fast right now :)

Regards
Derek Cook

http://www.carregddu.co.uk
http://www.echoes-music.co.uk
http://www.xfactory-librarians.co.uk
http://www.ex5tech.co.uk
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

There is though a glitch on the user registration page. Something on the server is conflicting with the Google reCaptcha V3 and preventing people from going any further with the sign-up process. I am working on it (Y)

Saul
Site Admin
Thalia Capos

Follow Us On Facebook

jima
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Location.: West Midlands, UK.

Unread post by jima »

Yeah, I know how it feels. I'm still conflicting with Google myself, don't see that ever ending :)

As to the server, it has been very responsive, noticeably more so than before the move. Good work!

Jim
Yamaha EX5, AN1X, TG500, Moog Werkstatt, Korg Wavestation SR, Sigma, Legacy Digital, Nord Modular G2, G2 Engine, Focusrite PRO 40, MIDISPORT 8x8/s, Uno, Arturia Keylab 49 MkII, BeatStep, V Collection, Pigments | Love keyboards but so little time :(