yamaha genos playlist

Yamaha Genos digital workstation keyboard

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Buzzard, Saul

tombolo2
Location.: ITALY MILAN

yamaha genos playlist

Unread post by tombolo2 »

Hello I would like to know how to load a new playlist on genos.I can load it but when I remove the usb key everything is lost.The key must always remain inserted ?? If not I would like to know how to do step by step how to store a new playlist. Thanks

Rabbit Tree Studio
Paulhelene
Location.: I am from Sydney Australia. I have bought a Genos and will be receiving it on Wednesday. I only play at Church every Saturday afternoon. I would like to join the group to get acquainted to this new keyboard

VIP

Re: yamaha genos playlist

Unread post by Paulhelene »

I can only tell you about my own experience. It was explained to me that to be able to create a list of my songs and put it in a playlist I must create each song in a bank and save the bank with the name of the song. I did that. After that I went to the playlist button and then new and pointed to the folder where I save all my songs and "voila" you can select one or all.
For creating the Genos playlist. This is what was given on text file
How to use Expansion Pack Project File
1. Unzip the download files using preferred computer program.
2. Copy "PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack" folder onto root folder of USB storage device.
3. Connect your USB storage device to the USB TO DEVICE terminal.
4. Call up Playlist function by pressing [PLAYLIST] button.
5. Choose the Playlist you want to play by choosing Preset -> User -> USB -> PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack -> Playlist file.
6. Push [PLAYLIST] button again, and you can see the playlist of your choice.
7. If you press check mark or load the Playlist Record, Genos is ready to play.
8. Each Playlist Record contains several Registration data to play the song.

-Make sure you copy "Playlist For Genos V2 Superior Pack" folder onto your root folder of USB storage device.
-Make sure no other USB storage device is connected to Genos.
-If you change the name of files/folders, Playlist will not work.

I hope that this information will help you

Paul

tombolo2

thanks for the information but I would like to know if the usb stick once loaded the playlist must remain in the keyboard? yes or no?

Paulhelene
Location.: I am from Sydney Australia. I have bought a Genos and will be receiving it on Wednesday. I only play at Church every Saturday afternoon. I would like to join the group to get acquainted to this new keyboard

VIP

Unread post by Paulhelene »

If you have created the list on your USB the answer is yes. But you can also go file, Copy, select the folder and copy it to the user directory which is the hard drive and that includes all the styles attached to the playlist.

tombolo2

something does not work.After loading and storing the playlist on the user genos, I take out the key, I read the names of the playlists but they do not load. They give me an error message and they say file not found. playlists play ONLY WITH THE USB KEY INSERTED.If not so tell me where am I wrong please ThanksL