Yesss! We made it!

Kick back and talk about anything here. Music or non Music related..Anything goes....within reason!

Moderators: parametric, Derek, Saul

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Yesss! We made it!

Unread post by Saul »

That's why I said many of the services we use need some form of tracking. Obviously, if you don't use them, you don't need them on your phone.

My phone is like a desktop computer in my pocket. So when out and about I can still work when I need to, answer emails, run a forum, admin Facebook groups, use it as a satnav and generally look up anything I need to.

If all you need is a basic phone for emergencies, you won't be tracked until it is turned on. Although technically it could still be tracked. It would need to be hacked with malware for that, which is extremely unlikely if it is not a smartphone.

For me, the tradeoff between privacy and usefulness is heavily weighted in favour of usefulness. We should not "need" to make that compromise but it is the world we live in and it is not going to change.

Saul
Site Admin

Brand Ambassador For Dowina Guitars
Acoustic Guitar Reviews On Facebook
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Please Note: This site is at times supported by Amazon Associate and other affiliate links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website or other vendors websites. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may help support the running costs of the site via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.
Shop Solid Top Guitars Starting at $295
EB5AGV

Unread post by EB5AGV »

I am late to the party, but want to congratulate Saul and all the Forum members for this achievement :clap:

Jose Gavila

Yamaha U3H, DX7, TX81Z, DX11, 5x SY77, 2x TG77, SY99, SPX990, SY85, A3000, 2x AN1x, EX5, 2x EX5R, EX7, FS1R, MOTIF RACK XS, MOX8, 2x Montage 6 (B & WH), Genos (and 1992' FJ1200 :mrgreen: )

Akai S5000
Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Pigments 2, Analog Lab 4
Casio CT-X5000
Kawai K1, K1-II, VPC1
Korg M1, Wavestation, X3, Triton Rack, Triton Le 76, TR Rack, Module Pro
Modartt Pianoteq 7 Standard
NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors Edition, Maschine Mk3, Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk2
Novation Xio 25
Roland D-50, JV-1080, U-220, XV-3080, XV-5080
Steinberg CC121, Cubase Pro 11, The Grand 3
StudioLogic SL88 Studio
UVI Key Suite Bundle Edition, String Machines 2
VI Labs Modern U, Ravenscroft 275
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

Not seen you around for a while Jose. Is everything ok there with you?

Saul
Site Admin

Follow Us On Facebook

Please Note: This site is at times supported by Amazon Associate and other affiliate links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website or other vendors websites. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may help support the running costs of the site via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.
EB5AGV

Unread post by EB5AGV »

Saul wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:36 pm Not seen you around for a while Jose. Is everything ok there with you?
Yes Saul, I am fine. The problem is that there are plenty of things going in my life lately, not COVID related, luckily. And my online time has been severely affected. I keep playing the piano and keyboards, if not all the time I would like.

I hope life goes back to a more usual one in few months... let's see! :dance:

Best wishes,

Jose

Jose Gavila

Yamaha U3H, DX7, TX81Z, DX11, 5x SY77, 2x TG77, SY99, SPX990, SY85, A3000, 2x AN1x, EX5, 2x EX5R, EX7, FS1R, MOTIF RACK XS, MOX8, 2x Montage 6 (B & WH), Genos (and 1992' FJ1200 :mrgreen: )

Akai S5000
Casio CT-X5000
Kawai K1, K1-II, VPC1
NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors Edition, Maschine Mk3, Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk2
Novation Xio 25
StudioLogic SL88 Studio
Kay_B

Unread post by Kay_B »

EB5AGV wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:45 am
Saul wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:36 pm Not seen you around for a while Jose. Is everything ok there with you?
Yes Saul, I am fine. The problem is that there are plenty of things going in my life lately, not COVID related, luckily. And my online time has been severely affected. I keep playing the piano and keyboards, if not all the time I would like.

I hope life goes back to a more usual one in few months... let's see! :dance:

Best wishes,

Jose
To be honest, I would not hope for a return to the former rhythm of life. For 1.5 years, COVID has already changed too much and it is unlikely that our life will return to normal. We need to get used to the changes that have taken place.

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

Kay_B wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:57 pm To be honest, I would not hope for a return to the former rhythm of life. For 1.5 years, COVID has already changed too much and it is unlikely that our life will return to normal. We need to get used to the changes that have taken place.
This is probably one for the "Don't Get Me Started" section but, here goes anyway 😂

I couldn't agree more. Covid has brought forward many things that had been lagging behind for a long time. Working from home for example should be the norm, not an exception. This whole notion that people should do the daily communte REALLY winds me up. This whole drive to get people back to offices is simply to keep the bars, cafes, trains and buses going but why? We need to change the way we work and live not keep falling back on the past just because it is some sort of archaic comfort zone. It's almost like everyone is stuck in the 'Matrix' and can't or won't leave it.

For many, Covid has brought freedom not restriction. So many people are now able to spend more time with their family and loved ones rather that with the people they simply work with.

The service sector accounts for 80% of the UK's total GDP. And whilst that includes entertainment, leisure and hospitality, the largest part is finance and associated services. Most of which can be done online. That is born out by the fact that most of the big players in that sector are now letting their staff work from home by default not by exception. Productivity has not dropped and worker satisfaction and mental heatlh has improved. The only people not happy with that situation is the government, who cannot help bleating out the same message of "return to the office" even though the works and the companies themselves do not want that.

The fear is that our cities will become ghost towns. They won't. All that will happen is they will adapt, as they have done for centuries, to changes in lifestyle and working patterns.

Any politician who keeps on with this "we must return to the office" nonsense is never going to get my vote.

Saul
Site Admin

Follow Us On Facebook

EB5AGV

Unread post by EB5AGV »

Saul wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:51 pm
Kay_B wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:57 pm To be honest, I would not hope for a return to the former rhythm of life. For 1.5 years, COVID has already changed too much and it is unlikely that our life will return to normal. We need to get used to the changes that have taken place.
This is probably one for the "Don't Get Me Started" section but, here goes anyway 😂

I couldn't agree more. Covid has brought forward many things that had been lagging behind for a long time. Working from home for example should be the norm, not an exception. This whole notion that people should do the daily communte REALLY winds me up. This whole drive to get people back to offices is simply to keep the bars, cafes, trains and buses going but why? We need to change the way we work and live not keep falling back on the past just because it is some sort of archaic comfort zone. It's almost like everyone is stuck in the 'Matrix' and can't or won't leave it.

For many, Covid has brought freedom not restriction. So many people are now able to spend more time with their family and loved ones rather that with the people they simply work with.

The service sector accounts for 80% of the UK's total GDP. And whilst that includes entertainment, leisure and hospitality, the largest part is finance and associated services. Most of which can be done online. That is born out by the fact that most of the big players in that sector are now letting their staff work from home by default not by exception. Productivity has not dropped and worker satisfaction and mental heatlh has improved. The only people not happy with that situation is the government, who cannot help bleating out the same message of "return to the office" even though the works and the companies themselves do not want that.

The fear is that our cities will become ghost towns. They won't. All that will happen is they will adapt, as they have done for centuries, to changes in lifestyle and working patterns.

Any politician who keeps on with this "we must return to the office" nonsense is never going to get my vote.
If you re-read my message, I referred to NON-COVID issues in my life getting back to normal.

I know (and HOPE!) life doesn't go back to pre-COVID condition in all senses, because, as you said, lots of things have been "discovered" thanks to this pandemic, as the inoperancy of hundreds of paperwork formalities the administration made us to do in long queues, when NOW can be made online in minutes!. Or the lots better operation of medical services, also without queues, where you got all imaginable diseases waiting among ill people and such amenities. I work at home since 2012, so for me that has not changed, but for sure DON'T miss conmuting to go work as I did for 22 years before.

So, we agree, this pandemic SHOULD be a vector of change! ((i))

Jose

Jose Gavila

Akai S5000
Casio CT-X5000
Kawai K1, K1-II, VPC1
Novation Xio 25
StudioLogic SL88 Studio