BIG problem with my Yamaha Genos!

Having problems figuring out how to make a new post? Read this.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

Davhol

BIG problem with my Yamaha Genos!

Unread post by Davhol »

I've had my Yamaha Genos since 2014. Back then, believe it or not, the cost was 1/3 less...i.e. $4,000 vs today's price of $5,999 or $6,000 !!

But I digress...onto my issue...
My Genos was working beautifully and, as you all know, it's an unbelievably awesome instrument!
Suddenly one day, to my dismay, everything I played was all garbled, both the melody and the accompaniment! There was no way to figure out what I was playing.

I took it to my favorite service repairman and he determined that I'll have to get a new motherboard. The cost?...$586.80

I ordered it yesterday from Yamaha and paid for it immediately. I purchased one day shipping so it will arrive tomorrow. I can't wait! I feel empty inside not being able to play my Genos.
My service repairman said it'll take about 2 hours or so to complete the work, which isn't bad at all...

QUESTION: HAVE ANY OF YOU HAD THIS PROBLEM??
Thanks in advance for your response!

Cheers,
Dave Holly

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: BIG problem with my Yamaha Genos!

Unread post by Saul »

Hi Dave

Are you sure we are talking about the Genos? You said you have had it since 2014? But it was only released in 2017 :confusion-confused:

Saul
Site Admin

Brand Ambassador For Dowina Guitars
Appreciate the forum? Buy me a coffeeImage
Acoustic Guitar Reviews On Facebook
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Please Note: This site is at times supported by Amazon Associate and other affiliate links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website or other vendors websites. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may help support the running costs of the site via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.