COVID-19

Post music you have created here. Doesn't have to be pro quality. the idea is to share and get feedback :)

Moderators: parametric, Derek, Saul

nakeyer

COVID-19

Unread post by nakeyer »

I hope you will excuse me that I put here not my music, but the music of my colleague - one doctor from Saint-Petersburg. And also sorry me for my translation of its lyrics.
Doctor from one hospital made this project and also composed this song.
The singers are the real doctors, chiefs of medical departments, nurses, chiefs of hospitals all over the Russia. The song is about those who are working in the Red Zone during Covid-19…
Thank you for watching!

Believe, the work in medicine, is not a honey.
There is no fame in it, and there are no banknotes.
Only always to be ready to help.
We are remembered when there comes trouble.

Again we are working,
Again we are going to our patients
Into the Red Zone to hold a defense.
Day is away, night is away.
Without mercy, and without fresh air,
The glasses are pressing, and the mouth is dry.
But we know that:
God is smiling looking on us from the Heaven…

The work and the sleep became our circle.
And our Family really lost us.
But again patients need us
And our heart is calling us to go and help.

Again we are working,
But we know that:
God is smiling us from the Heaven…

We are fighting with death everywhere.
There is its special price in each victory.
In our battle it is most of all difficult
What we lose our colleagues-friends.
And again it seems that death is laughing,
Choosing someone from us...
And again while performed his Duty,
Someone suddenly and quietly fading away from us...

Again we are working,
But we know that:
God is smiling looking on us from the Heaven…

shelly0624
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

VIP

Re: COVID-19

Unread post by shelly0624 »

Wow! This is so moving. These doctors and nurses have amazing voices! What a tribute and inside look at what these front-line health care workers face every day. It is dangerous and sacrificial work. Here, where we live, there are so many who have been sick with Covid. The hospital staff works long hours and they, themselves are faced with the possibility of getting the same virus. Some have gotten sick; some have even died, and the world doesn't even know it. (Especially before the vaccination was available). My son works in a hospital and also on the Covid floor. (I've felt a little better since he got the shot). Thank you for sharing this. It is such a blessing and many thanks to those who serve patients in ways that we don't even realize. Hopefully, this collective effort will give others a window into their lives.

nakeyer

Unread post by nakeyer »

Thank you so much for your kind words!
Really my son is the ophthalmology surgeon, but several months all his department was reorganized, and they all worked simply as therapists in the Red Zone. They were 5 young surgeons in the department, but now they are only 4. One of them, the very good friend of my son, 34th years old doctor died from Covid!.... It is terrible!...
I think everybody will give their Very Kind Regards to your son!!!
Please take care of yourself! God bless you all!

nakeyer

Unread post by nakeyer »

One more song about doctors who are in the Red Zone

nakeyer

Unread post by nakeyer »

And one more...

shelly0624
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

VIP

Unread post by shelly0624 »

We really do live in unprecedented times. I would have never imagined such a life-altering event as the Covid pandemic. It has been surrealistic, especially since it has affected so many people I know, and also their loved ones. Businesses that were a fixture on our streets are gone now. I will be glad when these days pass and become a memory only. However, it has also been an explosive time of creative expression. I don't think there has been a season where so much was accomplished that way. Songs have been written. I know it has been a fruitful time here on YM. People have posted new songs. Lockdown changed everything so everyone had to slow down. People have built things, picked up hobbies, and used their minds and hands. I finally wrote the book that was haunting me. The songs you posted are not only beautiful, but they are a memorial. They will be a piece of history and a remembrance of something terrible that the world survived. I think about the songs in the 60s during the Vietnam war. That's what artists do. They leave landmarks.