Wx7 service repair manual

This section covers Yamaha wind instruments such as the Venova YVS-120 and YVS-100 as well as MIDI controllers WX5, WX7 and WX11.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

cloudburst

Re: Wx7 service repair manual

Unread post by cloudburst »

@Demented7th - I replaced the caps like-for-like with 47uF.

@desmondo - Ah yes, I vaguely remember replacing each pair of parallel-wired 47uF caps with a single 100uF cap. In the days that the WX-7 was made, it wasn’t possible to get 100uF in a small enough form factor.
Regarding your request for photos, I looked back, but don't have photos of the process. The caps in question are on the "DM circuit board" which is close to the mouthpiece of the WX-7.

CB

Converting fuel to noise since 1982.
Loopmasters Sale
Agoldini
Location.: Novato CA

Unread post by Agoldini »

This message is for Cloudburst. I have a wx7 and I’m trying to get the part number from the service manual for the rubber gasket that the mouthpiece pushes on to. The gasket is sort of cylindrical shape and has 3 holes in it. Do you happen to have that part number? I’m trying to get a new gasket.
I saw some old posts of yours mentioning you had the service manual. Thanks, Andy

j450nn014n

Unread post by j450nn014n »

cloudburst wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:15 pm If you”re referring to the C / Low B key, then the part number is VD440700.

CB
Thanks for this info. I 3D printed a splint and glued it on and it has been working. Now I'm trying to fix some other things.

2ys7my3
Location.: USA, HI

Unread post by 2ys7my3 »

Has anyone wired up that BT7 circuit?
Did anyone see how much mA the WX pulls?
I heard the BT7 is going for $300 now which seems crazy.

cloudburst

Unread post by cloudburst »

Agoldini wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:12 am This message is for Cloudburst. I have a wx7 and I’m trying to get the part number from the service manual for the rubber gasket that the mouthpiece pushes on to. The gasket is sort of cylindrical shape and has 3 holes in it. Do you happen to have that part number? I’m trying to get a new gasket.
I saw some old posts of yours mentioning you had the service manual. Thanks, Andy
The part number for that O-Ring is VD443000

CB

Converting fuel to noise since 1982.